How to use FSS Feed Creator
Step 1. Download FSS Feed Creator
This is a clearly free program. There is no spyware or adware. It's absolutely safe to install and to run!
Step 2. Launch FSS Feed Creator
Follow Start > All Programs > FreeSmartSoft > FSS Feed Creator or click the FSS Feed Creator icon on the desktop.
The interface is very simple and self explaining.
Step 3. Main window. Feed tab.
The main window of the program can be divided into several main areas.
You can create a new rss feed or edit existing RSS feed using the following buttons:
- Create a new RSS feed.
- Open an existing RSS feed.
- Save the RSS feed.
- Save as the RSS feed.
- Ftp upload the RSS feed to the server.
- The three main tabs "Feed", "Feed Items" and "Feed Image" are situated under the Feed toolbar. They represent the three basic parts of any RSS feed or podcast. Using the "Feed" tab you can edit parameters of the current RSS feed, the "Feed Items" tab is used to add, remove and edit items (news articles) and the "Feed Image" tab – to add and edit RSS feed image.
Fill in the required fields. The "*-optional fields" are fields that you can either fill or not.
Step 4. Feed Items tab
When the "Feed Items" tab is active, you have access to the news items that belong to the current feed.
- Create a new topic (news item).
- Clone the current topic.
- Delete the current topic.
- Move the current item up.
- Move the current item down.
Step 5. Feed Image tab
When the "Image" tab is active, you have access to the feed image.
It is not necessary for an RSS feed to have an image, but it will make your feed look more attractive and professional. This tab can be used to add graphics to your feed.